Irish Film Industry / About Bord Scannán na hÉireann / Irish Film Board /
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board Business Affairs Manager
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
We are seeking to appoint a Business Affairs Manager who will be part of the team responsible for the contracting of feature film, television and animation projects.
The IFB's mission is to support and promote Irish film, television and animation through fostering Irish artistic vision and our diverse creative and production talent, growing audiences and attracting filmmakers and investment into the country.
We deliver on our mission through:
- Providing leadership, direction and advocacy for the Irish film industry.
- Development and Production funding for Irish film and screen content.
- Investing in people and skills development through Screen Training Ireland.
- Promoting the distribution of supported feature films, bringing Irish film to wider audiences.
- Promoting Irish films to major international markets.
- Generating inward investment by promoting Ireland as a film location and advising international companies on locations.
- Engaging with European counterparts on mutually beneficial policy initiatives.
Our role sees us directly involved in the creative process of the development and production of Irish film and other audiovisual projects. We provide investment for the development, production and distribution of Irish feature films, feature documentaries, animation and short films.
In this senior role you will take responsibility for the full range of business affairs requirements of the IFB, from negotiating deals, drafting agreements to tracking deals and managing the IFB's position with the deal process. It involves negotiation with producers and co-funders, liaison with third party lawyers and other equivalent State Agencies
The role involves:
- Review of Audiovisual Project Transactions.
- Negotiation of the IFB deal position within projects that IFB commit.
- Drafting of IFB agreements, security and other multi-party contracts.
- Management of work-flows and team resources.
- Drive forward and implement the development of best practice processes and guidelines to safeguard the interests of the Board.
- Maintain knowledge base of best practice, contract templates, guidelines and commercial and audiovisual sector trends.
- Manage all data and documentation in line with Data protection and confidentiality requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships internally and externally and manage negotiations in a positive proactive way.
- Contributing to Project group Meetings at which the IFB investment decisions are made.
- Experience of transactional legal work and project management is essential.
- Significant experience of drafting contracts, working with precedents and managing a contracts database.
- Experience in dealing with complex and voluminous legal and business documentation and negotiation.
- Experience of developing and maintaining sound business relationships with clients, industry bodies, and key stakeholders
- A Legal Qualification.
Business Affairs Manager - Essential Skills
You will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to convince and influence outcomes - remaining calm under pressure.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, to take direction, but to be able to work unsupervised on a day-to-day basis on film and audiovisual projects.
- A highly motivated, proactive self-starter with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence with a dedication to delivering on the goals of the IFB.
- A team player who can positively contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment.
- Ability to grasp complex situations and get up to speed on current projects.
- It is likely that you will have a strong interest and / or experience in the Irish Film and Television sector.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to email@example.com by Friday 3rd February 2017 at 5.00 pm.
The covering letter should set out how you address the Essential Experience and Essential Qualities.
You will also be expected to be conversant with the new IFB Strategy ‘Building on Success' - see www.irishfilmboard.ie.
This position will be offered on a 5 year fixed-term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at Professional Grade 2 with a starting salary of €58,765 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 25 days per annum and this post will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a probationary period.
This position is directly responsible to the Head of Business Affairs / Deputy CEO. The post will be based in Dublin.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is an equal opportunities employer.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is under the aegis of the Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.