Somewhere Down the Line - Best Animation award in the International Competition, Clermont Ferrand Short Film Festival 2015
The Lobster - Jury Prize, Cannes Film Festival 2015
Coda - Best Animated Short Film, SXSW 2014
Festivals & Distribution / Exhibition /
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is one of the key backers of Cinemobile as part of our remit to encourage and develop new audiences for cinema. The Cinemobile, one of the most adventurous projects of the National Millennium Committee, is a magnificent, state-of-the-art 100-seater mobile cinema. With over 125,000 visitors to date, the Cinemobile brings the magic of the movies to your doorstep.
Cinemobile is sponsored by BSE/IFB, Irish Film Institute, Northern Ireland Film & Television Commission, the Arts Council, RTE and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
- Cinemobile is a unique all-island cultural initiative
- Over 125,000 visitors have visited this state of the art facility
- Cinemobile visits 90 Irish towns three times each year throughout Ireland
- Cinemobile features at Ireland's premier cultural festivals, including the Young Scientists Festival, St. Patrick's Festival Big-Day-Out and Galway's Racing Festival
- Over 1000 Schools screening events all over Ireland
Cinemobile's commitment to local communities by giving access to a unique Cinema experience-
- Cinemobile was established to serve communities previously without access to the most popular art form in the world and over the past 3-years it has developed a loyal and committed nationwide following.
- Cinemobile operates a dedicated schools programme in consultation with policy makers and service providers on both a national and regional level. In doing so, it is rapidly becoming a key link in delivering Film Education support to schools throughout rural Ireland.
- In establishing itself as a part of the fabric of local communities, Cinemobile is inherently linked with each strata of local life. A network of local supporters, including media, community leaders and service providers, has been developed since its inception in 2001.