Financing your Film /
Since 1993 the Irish film industry has experienced a significant and continued increase in production activity both in terms of expenditure and the range and number of projects produced here each year. This has by and large been achieved through:
- The reconstitution of Bord Scannán na hÉireann/ the Irish Film Board in 1993
- The introduction of the Irish tax incentive Section 481 (formerly Section 35)
- The emergence of highly experienced and talented crews alongside world class locations
- The ratification of the European Convention on Cinematography which came into force in August 2000.
- Ireland is also a party to two bilateral treaties with both Australia and Canada.
- Membership of EURIMAGES
- Stable and pro-active Government support
In this section you will find information on the above as well as other sources of film financing that include Irish broadcasters and other state agencies.