Financing your Film /
The Creative Europe Programme (2014-2020) brings together the Culture, MEDIA and MEDIA Mundus programmes under one umbrella.
The total budget is €1.46 billion and it launched its first set of ‘calls for proposals’ in December 2013, with almost €170 million available as funding for 2014.
Culture sub-programme supports cultural and creative organisations with a view to helping them to internationalise their activities and develop new audiences for their work.
MEDIA sub-programme supports the development, distribution and promotion of the output of the film and audio-visual industries. Supported areas include...
• Development (Single Projects & Slate Funding) - Drama, Animation and Documentary for Cinema, Television and Digital Platform exploitation.
• Development for Video Games
• Support for co-financed Europe TV programming – Drama, Animation and Documentary for Cinema, Television and Digital Platform exploitation.
• Audiovisual Festivals and Markets
• Pan Europe Training programmes for Audiovisual Professionals
• Distribution and Exhibition
• Co-production funds
• Audience Development
To learn more about the opportunities that the new Creative Europe can offer, please contact the Irish information offices.
For the MEDIA Sub-programme:
Creative Europe Desk Ireland – MEDIA Office
Creative Europe Desk Galway
For the Culture Sub-Programme:
Creative Europe Desk Ireland – Culture Office