Schemes and Applications Co-ordinator
IFB Funding Programmes / Short Film Schemes /
REAL SHORTS is a new short documentary film scheme which will enable creative documentaries with high cinematic production values capable of reaching an international audience through theatrical and festival exposure. The filmmakers are encouraged to produce work with strong personal voices, presenting material which utilises the emotional and aesthetic technique of cinema.
REAL SHORTS can be up to 10 minutes in length and receive a budget of up to €20K
Films may be made in the English or Irish language. If produced in the Irish language, subtitling will be necessary for festivals & sales worldwide.
The deadline is 1pm Friday 5th August 2016
Who Can Apply
Applications are invited from producer/director/writer teams (where the producer and director are not the same person) subject to eligibility guidelines as follows:
- Producers - must be able to prove their ability to produce documentary.
- Directors - must show ability to direct documentary material or have directed at least one short documentary film. Where a director plans to act as camera operator, the showreel should provide evidence of this ability also.
- Writers - must have previous writing experience eg. screen, published or online work (links to online work should be provided on their CV).
- Projects submitted twice before unsuccessfully may not reapply.
- This scheme is not open to full-time students
- Producers, Directors & Writers may apply to make more than one REAL SHORTS film but may not receive funding through the scheme more than three times in a 10-year period.
How to Apply
- Applications should be made online using the 'Make an Application' button on this page.
- Please ensure you have read the detailed Application Guidelines for this scheme prior to making an application, which you can download from this page.
- If you wish to make an application for funding by post, contact 091 561 398 for the relevant application form.