Schemes and Applications Co-ordinator
IFB Funding Programmes / Short Film Schemes /
REAL SHORTS is a new short documentary film scheme which will enable creative documentaries with high cinematic production values capable of reaching an international audience through theatrical and festival exposure. The filmmakers are encouraged to produce work with strong personal voices, presenting material which utilises the emotional and aesthetic technique of cinema.
REAL SHORTS can be up to 10 minutes in length and receive a budget of up to €20K
The deadline is 1pm Fri 9th June 2017
Who Can Apply
Applications are invited from producer/director/writer teams (where the producer and director are not the same person) subject to eligibility guidelines as follows:
- Producers - must demonstrate their ability to produce documentary and produced at least one short film.
- Directors - must show ability to direct documentary material or have directed at least one short documentary film. Where a director plans to act as camera operator, the showreel should provide evidence of this ability also.
- Writers - must have previous writing experience eg. screen, published or online work (links to online work should be provided on their CV).
- Projects submitted twice before unsuccessfully may not reapply.
- Producers, Directors and Writers may apply to make more than one REAL SHORTS film but may not receive funding through the scheme more than three times.
- The scheme is not open to full-time students.
* REAL SHORTS is not a wide-open scheme in terms of the talent it aims to attract: it is designed to enable the making of short films by producers and directors with strong creative voices and some measure of professional experience. Accordingly a short film made as part of college work will not be considered eligible in this context, though a graduation film that has achieved significant festival exposure might be.
*For the avoidance of doubt, the writer, director and producer must all be attached at application stage and a COMPREHENSIVE CV should be submitted for each individual. Please note biogs will not suffice.
How to Apply
- Applications should be made online using the 'Make an Application' button on this page.
- Please ensure you have read the detailed Application Guidelines for this scheme prior to making an application, which you can download from this page.
- If you wish to make an application for funding by post, contact 091 561 398 for the relevant application form.
For more information, please see the full Real Shorts guidelines on the right-hand sidebar of this page.