Marketing and Communications Executive
Irish Film Industry /
Are you interested in getting involved in the Irish Film Industry? If so, find out more about the Irish film industry and what the Irish Film Board do
The Irish Film Board is the national film agency. Our aim is to help filmmakers get Irish films produced. We provide production and development loans for feature films, television, animation, documentaries and short films. We also help to promote films once they are finished.
Our website is jam-packed with useful information and links for those starting out in the industry
Want to know more about the Irish film industry?
- Keep up to date on what's happening in Irish film at home and abroad with our news section and our newsfeed.
- We are now on Twitter so you can now follow us and receive regular updates, headlines and news - just search for Irish Film Board.
- Check out what's doing well at the Irish Box Office this week
- See if there are any film festivals happening near you soon... There are numerous great film festivals happening all over the country at different times of the year. Check out our Irish Film Festival section
- Learn about international film festivals which one day may screen your film
- Want to find out what it's like to attend a film festival or have your film in one? Read about Irish filmmakers experiences at the Sundance Film Festival and the Berlin International Film Festival in our online blogs.
- Find out about the Irish features, short films and documentaries which we have funded in our Film Directory and current film projects in our Funding Decisions section
- See what awards Irish films are winning in our Awards section.
- View trailers of recent Irish film releases and download podcasts of IFB Panel Discussions such as Low Budget filmmaking and Short Film Schemes in our Media Hub
Interested in getting some practical hands-on training?
Check out these organisations which specifically provide training for new entrants to the film and television industry.
- Filmbase in Temple Bar offers support to independent film and video makers with part-time and full-time training and development, facilities hire, film funding and information services. Staff in Filmbase are on hand to advise and inform on all aspects of filmmaking and the film industry. It also publishes the online resource www.filmireland.net which will keep you on the pulse of what is going on in the industry. http://www.filmbase.ie/
- The Galway Film Centre provides equipment, practical hands-on training for all levels, information and offers production equipment at non-commercial rates to independent filmmakers. Their aim is to help emerging filmmakers to get the skills and experience needed to make films or programmes. http://www.galwayfilmcentre.ie/
Have a short film and want to get it made?
Filmbase administers a number of film and documentary production awards schemes, while the Galway Film Centre has a number of different awards designed to support and promote filmmakers with innovative ideas but limited financial resources. Directors who have graduated and have some experience can apply for a wide range of IFB funded short films schemes varying from fiction to documentaries and digital.