Irish Film Industry / About Bord Scannán na hÉireann / Irish Film Board /
IFB Green Policy
The IFB is committed to the core principles of environmental sustainability and protection. Throughout our operations we strive to minimise our impact on the environment, via sustainable procurement and the efficient management of resources such as energy and waste.
Environmental responsibility is the cornerstone of the IFB's environmental policy. In order to honour this commitment, we shall continue to:
- Meet or exceed all our obligations with regard to environmental legislation;
- Adhere to our environmental procurement policy to promote the selection of environmentally superior products and services;
- Commission an independent third party assessment of all our activities on an annual basis;
- Continuously strive to improve reporting methodologies and documentation to ensure transparency and credibility;
- Develop a set of clearly identifiable annual targets to improve energy efficiency, minimize waste generated and reduce our carbon footprint;
- Communicate our progress, in respect of these targets, to all stakeholders;
- Promote environmental awareness and commitment amongst staff;
- Encourage best practice across the wider film industry by making available our recommended best practice guidelines;
- Advance towards an overall improvement in energy efficiency by 33% by 2020, in accordance with government targets.
A Green Toolkit which contains guidelines to reduce the environmental impact of filmmaking is now available on the Filming in Ireland section of the website shortly