About Irish Film / News /
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) Announces the Guidelines for Second Round of Focus Shorts Film Scheme
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is delighted to announce the guidelines for the second round of its FOCUS SHORTS short film scheme.
FOCUS SHORTS is a short film scheme for the making of live-action, fiction films that act as approving-ground for Irish creative talents aspiring to write, direct and produce films for the cinema.
It aims to encourage strong, original storytelling, visual flair, and production values appropriate to the big screen. It offers an opportunity for producers, directors and writers to work in a professional environment that will bring their experience up to a higher level and can be seen as potential stepping stone for future full-length filmmakers.
FOCUS SHORTS can be up to 10 minutes in length and receive a budget of up to €50K.
The deadline is 1pm Fri 9th June 2017
Who Can Apply
Applications are invited from producer/director/writer teams (where the producer and director are not the same person) subject to eligibility guidelines as follows:
- Producers — must have previously produced at least one live action short film.*
- Directors — must have previously directed at least one live action short film.*
- Writers — must have previous writing experience eg. screen, published or online work (links to online work should be provided on their CV).
- Projects submitted twice before unsuccessfully may not reapply.
- Producers, Directors & Writers may apply to make more than one FOCUS SHORTS film but may not receive funding through the scheme more than three times.
- The scheme is not open to full-time students
*For the avoidance of doubt, the writer, director and producer must all be attached at application stage and a COMPREHENSIVE CV should be submitted for each individual. Please note biogs will not suffice.
How to Apply
- Applications should be made online using the 'Make an Application' button on this page.
- Please ensure you have read the detailed Application Guidelines for this scheme prior to making an application, which you can download from this page.
- If you wish to make an application for funding by post, contact 091 561 398 for the relevant application form.
For more information, please see read the full Focus Shorts guidelines on the right-hand sidebar of this page.