Festivals & Distribution / International Irish Film Promotion /
IFI International (formerly Reel Ireland) provides Irish film programming services for cultural exhibitors worldwide. Drawing on the collections of the IFI Irish Film Archive and liaising with Irish film directors, producers and distributors, IFI International provides access for cultural exhibitors to new and classic Irish cinema.
Supported by CultureIreland, IFI International works with over 100 exhibition partners in more than 40 countries annually to strategically develop a global audience for Irish film culture. Irish film programmes are presented in contexts which enhance understanding of Irish cinema and which provide new routes for audiences who may be unfamiliar with Irish culture.
The IFI International service creates a gateway to Irish film through:
- Maintenance of a continually updated collection of contemporary and classic Irish cinema
- Curation of themed film programmes
- Provision of expert programming advice on Irish feature, documentary and short films
- Assistance with rights clearance and obtaining screening permission
- Provision of screening copies, scripts, and other support materials
- Liaison with key cultural bodies - such as Irish Film Board, Culture Ireland, Irish Consular Service - to ensure requirements of exhibitors, filmmakers and audiences are addressed
- Provision, where possible, of modest financial support for exhibitors