Schemes and Applications Co-ordinator
IFB Funding Programmes / Short Film Schemes /
SHORT STORIES invites filmmakers to use their imagination, creative story-telling and visual talent to excite audiences with succinct, inspiring and even entertaining films. The latest round of Short Stories calls on filmmakers to examine the theme of IDOLS.
The brief is unlimited — think Icons, Image, Likeness, God, False God, Statue, Figure, Fetish, or think of a Person or Thing that is greatly admired, loved, or revered such as a Hero, Heroine, Celebrity or Superstar. The list and scope is endless.
SHORT STORIES are live-action or animated fiction films between 2–5 minutes in length and have a budget of €20K.
The deadline is 1pm Wed 3rd May 2017
Who Can Apply
Applications are invited from producer/director/writer teams (where the producer and director are not the same person) subject to eligibility guidelines as follows:
- Producers — must have previously produced at least one live action or animation short film relevant to the type of film submitted*
- Directors — must have previously directed at least one live action or animation short film relevant to the type of film submitted*
- Writers — must have previous writing experience eg. screen, published or online work (links to online work should be provided on their CV)
- Projects submitted twice before unsuccessfully may not reapply
- Producers, Directors and Writers may apply to make more than one Short Stories film but may not receive funding through the scheme more than than three times.
- The scheme is not open to full-time students.
*Short Stories is not a wide-open scheme in terms of the talent it aims to attract: it is designed to enable the making of short films by producers and directors with strong creative voices and some measure of professional experience. Accordingly a short film made as part of college work will not be considered eligible in this context, though a graduation film that has achieved significant festival exposure might be.
For the avoidance of doubt, the writer, director and producer must all be attached at application stage and a COMPREHENSIVE CV should be submitted for each individual. Please note biogs will not suffice.
How to Apply
- Applications should be made online using the 'Make an Application' button on this page.
- Please ensure you have read the detailed Application Guidelines for this scheme prior to making an application, which you can download from this page.
- If you wish to make an application for funding by post, contact 091 561 398 for the relevant application form.
For more information, please see read the full Short Stories guidelines on the right-hand sidebar of this page.