Schemes and Applications Co-ordinator
IFB Funding Programmes / Short Film Schemes /
SHORT STORIES invites film-makers to use their imagination and give us some succinct, creative and even entertaining films on the theme of TRIBES. The brief is as wide as you want it to be, from ethnic groups to football fans, families to political parties, enthusiasts to pessimists; we'll leave you to decide which type of tribe fascinates you the most.
SHORT STORIES are live-action or animated fiction films between 2 to 5 minutes in length and have a budget of €20K.
Films may be made in the English or Irish language. If produced in the Irish language, subtitling will be necessary for festivals & sales worldwide.
The deadline is 1pm Friday 15th July 2016
Who Can Apply
Applications are invited from producer/director/writer teams (where the producer and director are not the same person) subject to eligibility guidelines as follows:
- Producers - must have previously produced at least one live action short film.
- Directors - must have previously directed at least one live action short film.
- Writers - must have previous writing experience eg. screen, published or online work (links to online work should be provided on their CV).
- Projects submitted twice before unsuccessfully may not reapply.
- Producers, Directors & Writers may apply to make more than one SHORT STORIES film but may not receive funding through the scheme more than three times in a 10 year period.
- The scheme is not open to full-time students
How to Apply
- Applications should be made online using the 'Make an Application' button on this page.
- Please ensure you have read the detailed Application Guidelines for this scheme prior to making an application, which you can download from this page.
- If you wish to make an application for funding by post, contact 091 561 398 for the relevant application form.