Schemes and Applications Co-ordinator
IFB Funding Programmes / Short Film Schemes /
Signatures is a short film scheme for the making of live-action, fiction films that act as a proving-ground for Irish creative talents aspiring to write, direct and produce films for the cinema.
The scheme aims to encourage strong, original storytelling, visual flair, and production values appropriate to the big screen. The scheme also offers an opportunity for producers, directors and writers to work in a professional environment that will bring their experience up to a higher level.
Films may be made in the English or Irish language.
The deadline is 1pm Wednesday 20th August 2014. The system will automatically close down so please ensure your submission is completed and submitted well in advance of the deadline.
Parameters of the scheme
Number of films: Up to 4 per year
Duration: 8 - 10 minutes maximum
Budget per film: Maximum €65,000
Format: Origination on Hi-Def
Delivery: Digi Beta, HD Cam and DCP
Who Can Apply
- Producers - must have previously produced at least one live action short film
- Directors - must have previously directed at least one live action short film
- Writers - must have previous writing experience eg. screen, published or online work (links to online work should be provided on their CV)
For the avoidance of doubt, the above individuals must be attached at application stage.
- Producers, Directors & Writers may apply to make more than one Signatures film but may not receive funding through the scheme more than three times in a 10 year period.
- The scheme is not open to full-time students
How to Apply
Applications can now be made online using the 'Make an Application' button on this page. Please ensure you have read the How to Apply guidelines prior to making an application.
If you wish to make an application for funding by post, contact 091 561 398 for the relevant application form.
For more information about the scheme please read the Signatures Guidelines PDF document located on this page.