IFB Now Seeking Applications for 2018 EFP Producers on the Move Programme at Cannes Film Festival
Posted: 15th March 2018
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is now seeking applications from Irish producers who wish to be considered as the Irish representative for the 2018 EFP Producers on the Move programme held each year at the Cannes Film Festival.
Each May, 20 promising, up-and-coming producers from throughout Europe are selected to participate in Producers on the Move. The initiative is aimed at connecting young, enterprising European producers with potential co-production partners, strengthening their industry networks and, at the same time, providing a solid and visible platform for this next generation of European filmmakers. The producers go through a rigorous selection process which places the top contenders in a tightly focused working environment during the festival. They take part in project pitching, 1:1 meetings and case studies, social events and an extensive press campaign, which includes online presentation and profiles in the international trades.
Criteria for participation (from EFP Producer on the Move):
The programme is open to 20 producers from 20 different European countries.
The nomination of each national participant is made by the respective national EFP member organisation (the IFB is the Irish member organisation).
The final selection of the 20 participants is based on a point system which considers the following criteria:
- the producer's experience in an international co-production (limit of 3 co-productions as a majority producer)
- the producer's feature length film(s) have had a theatrical release and /or a VoD / SVoD / DVD / TV release outside of the production countries involved
- the producer has had a feature length film screened in the international section at a major festival
- the producer's feature length film was awarded Best Film in the producer's home country ie recipient of a national film award
- the producer has a strong project to pitch suitable for an international co-production
- 20% of the financing of the submitted project is already in place
If you are interested in participating in Producers on the Move 2018, please email email@example.com with the following information by 1pm on Thursday, 22 March:
- Letter of motivation, i.e. what you would hope to gain from the scheme and why you would like to take part
- Project description of the film in development / financing — including synopsis and director statement (if director attached)
- Finance plan for this project